At Home Jewelry Cleaning Hacks
Feeling like your fashion jewelry or fine jewelry s lacking luster these days? Are you stuck at home and can’t get to a profession due to the pandemic? Lucky for you, you can clean your pieces right at home! Check out the four methods below for all different types of jewelry you may have on hand.
1. Fill a bowl with some warm water and line it with aluminum foil.
2. Add a few drops of dish detergent (make sure it fights grease!), salt and baking soda.
3. Mix everything together and place your jewelry in it for 10 minutes.
4. Remove it, and gently brush it with a toothbrush.
If the above way has more ingredients than you have in the kitchen, then we have an *even easier* method…
1. Fill a bowl with warm water, a few drops of dish soap, and just a few sprays of Windex.
2. Mix everything up and let your jewelry soak for a minute or 2.
3. Use a toothbrush to gently scrub away dirt and tarnish.
Or *even easier* still…
If you have a drawer full of gold jewelry but feel that is has lost its luster, use something you're sure to have in the fridge - BEER!
You can either dip your jewelry into a light beer (NO DARK BEER!)
Dampen a clean cloth with beer and wipe away the grime.
NOT A GOLD GAL, BUT LOVE SILVER?
1. Head to the kitchen and grab some ketchup.
2. Immerse your jewelry in a cup of ketchup for a few minutes (just not too long!).
3. Once removed, wipe off with cold water and a clean cloth.
There we have it! With these methods all your jewelry items will sparkle and gleam like they never have before.
Below is an image of everything we put together just in case you want to pin it for later. 😊
Did you find these suggestions helpful? Do you think we missed anything? Leave it in the comments below – we’d love to hear from you.